Bird's Eye

Bird's Eye

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

New Info has GMO advocates reeling...

Gene VI found in GMOs - Monsanto;s collapse emminent


Regulators Discover a Hidden Viral Gene in Commercial GMO Crops

by Jonathan Latham and Allison Wilson

"How should a regulatory agency announce they have discovered something potentially very important about the safety of products they have been approving for over twenty years? In the course of analysis to identify potential allergens in GMO crops, the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) …"

I hope the article is clear that the viral promoter is there on purpose but Gene VI is not. Re your point about the methods used to make GMOs, our paper (Wilson et al. 2006) and another one that is shorter and more concise (The Mutational Consequences of Plant Transformation) are the best resources we know of to find out the gruesome details of the different methods.


http://independentsciencenews.org/commentaries/regulators-discover-a-hidden-viral-gene-in-commercial-gmo-crops/#comment-7999



1 comment:

  1. Hi Kimberly, I read your comment at independentsciencenews and afterwards looked up your blog just so I can celebrate with you. Wooo-hooo! I am as excited as you about this! When I read it I said to my husband, "This is it, the beginning of the end for this evil empire." He disagreed as usual but I don't care! I think this is HUGE. Anyway, just wanted to share with someone who feels the same way... Best to you...
    P.S. My 5 year old son & husband have Asperger's.
    If you want to stay in touch I have a FB page called Learning About Radioactive Fallout. Another fun-filled topic. :D https://www.facebook.com/LearningAboutRadioactiveFallout?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete